Storm Water Management / MS4
Help Protect Our Watershed
To learn about the simple steps you can take to reduce your impact on our watershed, please read the following resources:
- Stormwater Activity Book for Kids
- Ecologic and Economic Impact of Grass Clippings
- MS4 Permit: Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System - Understanding the MS4 Program
- Homeowner's Guide
- SPC Water Resource Center
- Rain Barrels: 5 Things to Consider
- Don't Let Pesticides Bug our Watershed
- Help Prevent Pet-Waste Pollution
Reduce Your Vehicle's Environmental Impact
Report Illicit MS4 Discharge
Have you seen illegal dumping into our storm sewers, waterways and/or pollution discharge to our streams and creeks? Report it to the Borough!
Call: 412-241-7113 or E-mail: email@example.com.
Storm Water & Sewage Links
- Allegheny County Conservation District
- Public Education & Outreach for the MS4 Stormwater
- Wilkinsburg-Penn Joint Water Authority (WPJWA)
- Allegheny County Sanitary Authority (ALCOSAN)
- 3 Rivers Wet Weather
- Department of Environmental Protection
- PA One Call: Promoting Safe Digging
Sewer Usage Fee
The Borough of Churchill has set a SEWER USAGE FEE of $6.00 PER THOUSAND GALLONS OF WATER.
As of June 8, 2004, the Borough of Churchill approved an ordinance that requires owners of property being sold or transferred must comply with the provisions of dye testing.
The dye test must be performed by a Registered Plumber, with the Plumber delivering a certification of dye testing to the Borough. Thereupon a Certificate of Compliance will be issued to the seller or transferor for a fee of $25.00. All costs of the test shall be the responsibility of the property owner.
If the dye test reveals the existence of an illegal storm or surface water connection, no Certificate of Compliance will be issued until the illegal connections are removed and the storm or surface water is discharged in compliance with controlling Ordinances of the Borough of Churchill.
For more information, please contact the Borough Office at 412-241-7113.
Visit our Permits &
Applications page to download dye test forms.